Friday, October 28, 2011

Old Bay Bloody Mary



Old Bay Bloody Mary - My Version

Before I even begin to give you the recipe, I have to be honest....besides, anybody who knows me well will call me out on the celery stalk in the glass.  Busted.  That was just for show because I was desperate for a garnish!  I WILL NOT sully my bloody Mary with one of those things.  You could put an eye out!

In a pint Mason jar:
  • About 1 ½” – 2” Absolute Peppar in bottom of jar
  • Juice of ½ a lime
  • 3-4 shakes Worcestershire sauce
  • Mound of horseradish on end of fork
  • 3 - 4 shakes celery bitters (optional, but awesome!)
  • Bunch a hefty shakes of Old Bay
Stir, then add:
  • Spicy V-8 to 2” or so below rim
  • Ice cubes           
Stir again and top with a couple more shakes of celery bitters and a good squeeze of a lime wedge.  Enjoy.  Repeat.
           
If desired, rim glass with Old Bay or Old Bay mixed with crisp-cooked finely minced bacon!

NOTE: Not only the Huevos get a Baltimore credit today, so does the best bar in Baltimore - okay, the best bar anywhere!  John, owner and mixologist extrordinaire at Bad Decisions in the Fells Point area of Baltimore, taught me the celery bitters trick.  And, naturally, the Old Bay gets Baltimore credit as well!
Print this post

No comments: