A simple marinade for a simple meal...dinner on a skewer! Meat and veggies all in one spot, done all at one time and every bit of it absolutely, delicious and divine.
No need to go into a lot of verbiage to describe this meal. The marinade is sweet and tangy...perfect with chunks of crusted tender beef and sweetly charred veggies. A little time over the flames and dinner is ready! All you need is a salad and maybe a nice rice dish. Make it simple!
Shishkabobs with Asian Honey Ginger Marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (use wheat-free tamari to make this gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 pounds large beef cubes, sirloin or your favorite steak
- 1 red pepper, large squares
- 1 orange pepper, large squares
- 1 purple onion, large wedges
- 8 tiny heads bok choy
- 2 small zucchini
Mix marinade ingredients together and marinate beef cubes overnight or at least for several hours.
Using metal skewers (or bamboo skewers that have soaked in water for at least an hour), thread beef and veggies alternately (and decoratively!) on the skewers. Grill as you like them.