One quick recipe for one quick weekday meal...and then there are big plans for the leftover roasted corn on Saturday! Yep, planning ahead for Cinco de Mayo!
All American Shish-Ka-Bob
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 6 small red potatoes, sliced in half and pre-roasted in the oven to almost done
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges, separated into layers with 2-3 layers in each wedge
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large squares
- bottled BBQ sauce - your favorite
Thread alternate pieces of sausage, onion, pepper, potato and zucchini on metal skewers. If you use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water at least an hour before threading.
Put the skewers onto a hot grill and turn frequently to keep from burning while basting frequently with the BBQ sauce. That's it!
NOTE: The corn is roasted right alongside the skewers....and I have plans for the leftover corn! In fact, the leftover meat & veggies make a really good hopple popple with eggs for an easy dinner or breakfast!Print this post