What do you like with roasted chicken? We like mashed potatoes! I did a little riff on those, too, on Sunday. We'll be having THESE again soon!!!
Chipotle Cheddar Green Onion Mashers
- 2 lbs Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 T. butter
- 3 small chipotle peppers in adobo, minced fine
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced well into the green
- 1/2 - 3/4 sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 t. granulated garlic
- 1/2 c. cream or buttermilk (approximate - depends
on how dry your potatoes are - add less, you can always add more, but
you can't take it out once it's in!
- salt & pepper to taste
Cut the potatoes into a pot of cold water. Add salt - maybe a tablespoon - and bring the pot of potatoes to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender, remove from heat and drain off all the water.
With a potato masher, mash the potatoes coarsely. Add the butter, chipotle pepper, granulated garlic and onions; stir gently until the butter is melted. Add cheese and incorporate thoroughly. Add cream or buttermilk until the potatoes are smooth, but NOT runny! Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.