It's getting close to that time of year for picnics and fun side dishes. Yay warm weather!!!!
Green Curry Broccoli Slaw is a new favorite of mine (yep, it's Kimber back again!) I am usually not big on coleslaw, so this is a fresh and yummy twist. Colorful veggies that are contrasts of crunchy and tender, spicy and cool, tart and sweet...all at the same time.
Think about making this gorgeous side for your next picnic or for dinner. I love it and if you're a veggie lover, I bet you will, too!
Thai Green Curry Broccoli Slaw
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 fresh snow peas, slivered
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly well into the green
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup 0% Greek yogurt (Fage preferred)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or 1 packet Splenda)
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon Siracha hot sauce (start with less - add if you like it HOT!)
Whisk together the coconut milk, yogurt, sugar (or Splenda), green curry paste, curry powder, vinegar, and siracha in a small bowl.
In another bowl put your broccoli slaw and pour the dressing on top and toss until coated. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well. Refrigerate until dinner or eat right away.