Sunday, January 29, 2012

Grilled Bacon Chipotle Jalapeno Poppers

Too big for the holes, I corralled the jalapenos with foil!




Give me a little sun out there and I want to grill!  Not only that, yesterday I treated myself to this little jalapeno popper contraption for the grill...I couldn't WAIT to try it!  Isn't it cute? 

The contraption itself leaves something to be desired.  I like nice BIG jalapenos for poppers - more room for the stuffins'.  This thing must have been made for people who like itty bitty baby jalapenos that hold a thimbleful of spicy cheesy, bacon-y filling.  So I simply juryrigged a little aluminum foil "fence" to keep the peppers from falling out.  It worked!


Go out and find yourself a popper holder for the grill...I've seen them lots of places (just make sure it has BIG holes)!  Then, make yourself some of these scrumptious poppers for the Superbowl next weekend!


Grilled Bacon Chipotle Jalapeno Poppers

  • 12 large jalapeno peppers, red and green, tops cut off, seeds and ribs removed
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
  • 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
  • 1 small chipotle chile canned in adobo, minced, with a little sauce, too
  • 1 large green onion, sliced thinly well into the green
  • 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic

Mix the cheeses, bacon, chipotle and spices until well blended.
 
Press the cheese mixture deep into each jalapeno, mounding at the top.  As you fill each, insert into a metal jalapeno popper holder for the grill. 
 
Move the popper holder to a medium hot gas grill, close the top and grill until the peppers are soft and the cheese melted.  Remove the holder with the peppers carefully...the metal holder will be HOT!
 
Serve from the holder. 
Print this post

No comments: