Monday, November 14, 2011

What I Learned in Mixology Class Over the Weekend - Espresso Martini!

My Homework



Mixology class?  Yep...nice way to spend a few hours on a Saturday.  Just look at my homework! 

There are some really fun classes out there...some even on specific liquors - I took a vodka class a couple of Saturdays ago.  Rum, tequila, vodka infusions and quite a few others are already on my agenda!  If you have a hankerin' to give a class or two a shot (yes, pun intended!) give a cocktail or mixology class a whirl!



Espresso Martini

  • 2 oz. Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
  • 2 oz. vanilla vodka
  • 2 oz. strong cold coffee (I used leftover cinnamon Pecan Praline!)
  • 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
  • 1 t. sugar
  • splash (or two) hazelnut liqueur
  • cinnamon
In a chilled tin, mix the Kahlua, vodka and coffee and pour into a chilled martini glass.
Wipe out the tin and add the cream, sugar and hazelnut liqueur. Shake vigorously until the cream is nice and thick.  Pour the cream gently down the side of the glass so it floats across the surface of the martini.  Dust with cinnamon and enjoy!
Print this post

No comments: