Here's a recipe that will change the way you look at that old college staple and instead turns those dreaded ramen into a whole new and different Asian dish you might want to make again and again. Really!
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef, extra lean
- 2 packages ramen, Oriental flavor noodles
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, oriental variety
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 green onions thinly sliced - well up into the green
- 1 small can of sliced water chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups water
In large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat until there is no pink left; breaking up into pieces. Drain the grease from the skillet and remove the beef to a large bowl. Add ONE seasoning packet from noodles (save the other for later in the recipe) to the beef in the bowl; set aside.
In same skillet, combine 2 cups water, veggies, noodles (broken up), ginger, water chestnuts and remaining seasoning packet (told you you'd use the other packet!). Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 3 minutes or until noodles are tender. Return beef to skillet; stir in green onions. Serve! Print this post