|BBQ Cranberry Meatloaf|
If cranberries and BBQ seem odd to you, think about those cocktail meatballs with the cranberry sauce and chili sauce that everyone loves. Got it? Yep, those are the flavors in this meatloaf! Throw the meatloaf in the oven, put in some potatoes to bake, and if you have some leftover veggies from turkey day....there's an easy, delicious, no-fuss dinner. We just happen to have some of Kimber's fresh green beans with bacon and roasted garlic and some sweet and sour red cabbage to enjoy all over again for our dinner tonight.
- 2 pounds ground beef, lean
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs, for a gf meatloaf, use gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce, gf to make this a gf meatloaf
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice, frozen concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Jane's Crazy Salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper, ground varietal type chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce, not wholeberry kind
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
Preheat oven to 375.
Mix everything together but the glaze ingredients in a mixing bowl lightly, but thoroughly. Form into 2 or 3 loaves - I do 4 small loaves since there are only two of us at home now. (Then I freeze the rest for quick dinners anytime!)
Mix the glaze ingredients - ketchup, mustard, cranberry jelly and cayenne - together and spoon over the meatloves in the pan.
Bake the meatloaves for about an hour and a half or until completely cooked through and beautiful!
NOTE: To keep your meatloaf from sticking to the bottom of the pan and so it lifts out easily, prepare roasting pan by spraying the bottom with olive oil. Then cut a piece of parchment paper to fit and nestle the paper on top of the olive oil. Easy clean up, too!Print this post